2017. What. A. Freaking. Good. Year. So so so blessed, y'all. That's all I can think of. My word for this year was REFINE and man, oh man, how God has blessed and refined this life of mine. This year, I grew an insane amount as a person, we grew as a couple and we are SO ready to take on 2018.
Check out my 2015 Rewind // 2016 Rewind //
- My love of reading took off. I started reading like a crazy person!
- We went to Washington D.C. for Valentine's Day. We toured the Capitol, ate at our all-time favorite restaurant and went to a jazz club.
- We spent a long weekend in Massanutten, Virginia. It was in the 60s and 70s so we didn't get to ski, like we originally planned, but we did get a lot of hiking in.
- Brandon had a man bun.
- We took Financial Peace University, which completely changed our lives. We started paying down debt immediately.
- I got a full-time job teaching 2nd grade! Whoop whoop!
- We went to our new favorite event in Balitmore....Shamrock Shindig, put together by none other than Megan. St. Patrick's Day is our favorite holiday and Shamrock Shindig was the perfect way to celebrate
- I hosted The Baltimore Baton Instagram account and had a blast going to our favorite spots in the city!
- We went to Light City for the second year in a row. It was so much fun and I love that this year we got to meet up with the Blogger Babes!
- We walked to the top of the Washington Monument- something we have always wanted to do!
- I had leg surgery on BOTH legs. I had multiple diseased veins removed and I was walking SUPER grandma style for a long time. As someone with a MAJOR phobia of the whole medical field (and has to anxiety medication to go to an annual check-up), I was super proud of myself for getting through it and was so blessed to have Brandon and my dear mama by my side through recovery.
- We celebrated Easter and my parents' 25th anniversary!
- MEGAN GOT ENGAGED. YESSSSS!
- I had my first Teacher Appreciation Week! I felt so blessed to be showered in love by my students and faculty.
- We went to the Baltimore Vegan Festival and it. was. amazing. So many like-minded people, so much good food and SO many animals.
- We went to the Flower Mart in Mt. Vernon and Brandon had his first lemon and peppermint stick.
- We celebrated our second wedding anniversary!
- We went to Richmond for our annual anniversary tradition and while we were there, we got to meet Rachel! She was so sweet and gave us the best vegan recommendations for RVA.
- I took my kids on a field trip for the first time and y'all...let me say that field trips = major stress.
- Megan asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. Of course, I teared up and SCREAMED YES!
- I wrapped up my first year of teaching and packed up EVERYTHING in my classroom as we headed to a new school building,
- I spent way too much time at the pool..and didn't hate it.
- I turned 24 and my family threw me a Bailey-themed birthday party!
- We took our anniversary pictures a month late with Chesapeake Charm Photography!
- WE PAID OFF ALL OUR CREDIT CARDS!
- We celebrated the 4th of July at Macy and Dave's place and we watched fireworks over the bay!
- We headed to Ocean City, New Jersey for our annual family beach vacation.
- We finally made it to an O's game!
- I took a much needed and completely unexpected time off from blogging.
- We toured Millstone Cidery and tasted their very unique ciders.
- We had a picnic at Boordy Vineyard with our dear friends, Ben and Laura and then randomly went to see Dunkirk in IMAX afterwards. Such a fun day and sweet memory!
- We went to Beerlympics at Macy and Dave's. We were the refs but hopped into some games here and there. We met a ton of cool people and my favorite memory is watching people tube off the ramp that Dave built into the bay!
- We celebrated three years of being engaged by re-creating the night we got engaged- dinner at Alexander's and a walk around Federal Hill.
- We hosted The Baltimore Baton again and went antiquing in Hampden, searched for sunflowers and went to King and Queen Seat.
- I went back to work and set up my classroom in our brand new school building!
- I met my students. Twenty-five little fireballs.
- We took a weekend trip to Ocean City, New Jersey. It was much needed and so fun.
- My childhood friend, Katie, got married and had the most beautiful wedding.
- My cousin and her husband had a very emotional vow renewal. So beautiful.
- We had an awesome bonfire with our friend, Josh. Nothing like sitting around the fire, watching the boys try to burn everything in sight and enjoying a quiet drinking, talking about life. Such fun memories!
- We took a weekend getaway to New York City. We spent most of our time in Brooklyn, went to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty and spent some time in Brandon's college town.
- We found out that we are going to be an aunt and uncle again-- Macy and Dave are having a baby! Brandon and I may have both teared up when they told us.
- One of my best friends from high school got married and she had such a beautiful wedding! It was absolutely picture perfect.
- Brandon and I got a pumpkin last minute and carved it the night before Halloween. It was such a fun night!
- We spent Halloween trick or treating with my niece and nephew in our neighborhood.
- We got INCREDIBLY sick with sinus infections and I wound up with a nasty staph infection that took me off my feet for a whole week. Hands down the most painful thing I've ever had to do. SO blessed that it's over.
- We celebrated my dad's birthday at Medieval Times and it was such a blast!
- I decided to try essential oils every single day for the month of November and was so pleasantly surprised!
- We went to Lancaster to go to our favorite theater to see A Christmas Story. It was so much fun! We 're still singing the songs!
- We decided to make a new Thanksgiving tradition of running a 5k in the morning and then coming home to eat cinnamon rolls! We decorated our tree that night too!
- We grabbed dinner with Ben and Laura and kicked off the holiday season by walking around 34th street and laughing until we cried.
- We had our first snow of the year and it was MAGICAL!
- We went to Macy and Dave's gender reveal party and...it's a GIRL! Everyone in the room was crying!
- We celebrated 5 years of dating!
- We had an amazing Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve morning in Delware having brunch with Brandon's family. Then, we stopped by Brandon's best friend, Josh's house to spend some Christmas time with him and his family. Then, we headed to church. We had another family party to get to, but were feeling so exhausted and in need of a quiet moment that we decided to stop by our favorite Irish pub on our way home and enjoyed a quiet drink by the fire.
- We woke up early on Christmas morning and opened gifts, just the two of us. Then, we headed to my parents' house to open gifts with all my siblings and niece and nephew. It was such a blast! We ended the evening with my extended family at my cousin's house. We wrapped the night up by looking at Christmas lights and saying a prayer to thank God for His Son and all He has blessed us with through the year.