How We Met


I met Brandon in September 2011 on my first night of college at the University of Delaware. I was at a mixer for one of the campus ministries. Brandon had been involved with this particular ministry for a while and was well-known. Someone pointed at him and said, "Stay away from that guy, he's crazy!" It wasn't hard to stay away because Brandon was soon moving to New York to attend a different college. 

It wasn't until March 2012 when I saw Brandon again. He was home on spring break and wanted to catch up with friends. So he showed up to a get-together that I was also at. He was loud and obnoxious and I was annoyed with him. At the end of the night, I was going to walk home alone but Brandon was heading the direction of my dorm anyways, and he offered to give me a ride since it was late. So I hopped in his car and I honestly don't remember a lot about that night. Except that he asked me if I liked country music, and he told me he was about to go on a date with a girl on Main Street....(He didn't have that much fun anyways, he later told me (; ) 

Finally, our group of mutual friends was hosting a barn party, where basically you go to a barn, dressed in western clothes and square dance and eat dinner. Brandon was there and I was there and by the end of the night, Brandon ran over to me and told me that he was going to be my dance partner. I was taken back by his forwardness... so we danced. And he told me I looked like I was having the most fun out of anyone.

Two weeks later, a mutual friend was graduating and so we both attended their graduation party. We spent all day together and believe it or was not love at first sight. I couldn't stand him! Luckily, I was transferring schools and moving back to Baltimore. 

But despite his obnoxiousness, we became social media friends and liked each other's stuff. That was the majority of our relationship until August 2012. We started texting and...the flirting ensued. Maybe my mind was changing about this guy. One on one, he was so genuine and down-to-earth. I still remember the first time he called me on the phone. It was the middle of the afternoon and my heart was racing. Why was my heart racing? Do I like this guy? ....uh oh.... I was starting to fall. 

In September, he got a construction job in Baltimore at the National Aquarium. He met me after work one day and he picked me up at my house. We went to Panera Bread to grab coffee and wound up talking politics. Then, we went to a park by my house and he started to ask me questions to get to know me. Brandon says that he still remembers the exact moment that I started to tell him about my life and he realized he never wanted to not be apart of my life's story (d'awwww). It was pretty much history from there! We began to hang out a couple times a week. We talked everyday. He got to know my family and friends.  

Despite Brandon still living 2 hours away in Delaware, on January 3, 2013, he asked me to be his girlfriend.
On August 18, 2014, at our favorite spot with our favorite view of the city, he asked me to be his wife. 
January 10, 2015, he moved to Baltimore for me. 
May 16, 2015, we said, "I DO!"