Summer is all about easy meals for dinner. Before going vegan, I loved my mom's special chicken salad. I didn't think I would be able to give it up when I went meat-free but guess what? I found a way to still eat chicken salad...and yes, it's vegan!
- 1 can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 2 Tbsp of Just Mayo by Hampton Creek (you can find this at Walmart or really any grocery store nowadays!)
- Old Bay
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Here's what you do:
- Open your can of chickpeas. RINSE THEM WELL.
- Place your chickpeas in a medium size bowl. Mash them with a fork. Make sure you leave some chickpeas whole.
- Mix in 2-3 Tbsp of your vegan mayo, depending on the consistency you enjoy. Mayo kinda always freaked me out so I don't use as much as my mom does.
- Chop up some celery and red onion. Mix in.
- Apply GENEROUS amounts of Old Bay. Really get in there with the Old Bay, people. This is your secret ingredient to making summertime the best.
- Top off with some salt and pepper.