I don't know about you but I love Mexican food. So Cinco de Mayo is kinda an awesome day for me. Cause Mexican food + margaritas? Yes please. When I discovered Gardein Black Bean Burgers were gluten-free, I was hooked from the beginning. But I cooked something up over the weekend and can I just say....YUM?!
If you've been a vegetarian for years, or are just dipping your toes into Meatless Monday, you're going to want to check out Gardein. They have been one of my all-time favorite vegetarian brands since I became a vegetarian two years ago. They're the fastest growing brand of it's kind!
Gardein makes delicious, convenient and healthier versions of the food we all love. Their meatless versions are better for your body, and better for the planet. Using non-GMO soy and wheat (but these black bean burgers are GLUTEN FREE!), ancient grains and veggies, their products are some of the most realistic faux-meat products I've ever tried!
I've always loved Gardein products for the test and texture that made it so easy to forget about meat, but when I realized that their products have NO cholesterol, and less calories and fat, I was like "WHAAA?" and decided to hop in the kitchen and get ready for Cinco de Mayo with a Vegan Black Bean Mexican Pizza!
You will need:
- Gardein Black Bean Burger patty
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 TBSP enchilada sauce
- 1 tomato
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup of vegan cheese
Alright, let's get cookin'!
- Heat a Gardein Black Bean Burger in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Or heat it in the oven according to the packaging!
- While the burger is cooking, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Lay your tortillas, one at a time, into the pan, until they are warm and starting to brown.
- Dice the tomato and pepper.
- After the tortillas are toasted, spread refried beans onto one of the tortillas.
- When done cooking, cut the black bean burger and sprinkle on top of the refried beans.
- Place your second tortilla on top of the refried beans and burger.
- Spread enchilada sauce on top of the second tortilla. Sprinkle cheese, tomatoes and peppers.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Enjoy with a margarita or Mexican soda!