This year brought lots of change and different places. It brought anxiety and peace, good news and bad news- but don't all the best years have a mix of both? Here's what we did this year!
- I went vegan! After being vegetarian for two months, I made the jump and cut out dairy, eggs and all animal products in our home (with the exception of honey and sugar). I saw a huge difference!
- We got an apartment!
- BRANDON MOVED TO BALTIMORE aka long distance ended!!
- We went on vacation with my family to Massanutten, Virginia!
- I took my ASLPI- a huge, scary Sign Language exam at Gallaudet University! (I passed!)
- I started tapping into my culinary skills and starting cooking more and making dinner. I hated cooking at first!
- We got a TON of snow!
- I started my first semester of my teaching program and student taught 2nd grade at my old elementary school!
- I was showered with love at my bridal shower!
- We (I) started to slowly put together our apartment, bit by bit!
- We sent out our wedding invitations.
- I started to lose my mind/sanity that I was getting married so soon!
- We took our engagement pictures and fell in love with our awesome photographer!
- I shot a gun for the first time and checked that off my bucket list!
- I had my weekend in Baltimore and D.C.
- I found out I'm going to have a nephew!
- WE GOT MARRIED. WHAT.
- I moved in with Brandon into our little apartment.
- Our good friends got married the weekend after us! (:
- I went to a paint & wine night at the Maryland Zoo! It was my first time going to a paint & wine night- so fun!
- We went to New Jersey for a family vacation with my family!
- I went to the Top of the World in Baltimore- something I have never done before!
- My nephew, Henry, was born!
- We spent the weekend in NYC for a friend's wedding!
- We saw a NY Mets game and checked another baseball stadium off our list!
- We went to a TON of Orioles games...and some broke our hearts so bad that Brandon wore a rally cap for the first time.
- I started another semester in my program!
- We went to the top of the Bromo Seltzer Tower- another thing checked off on my Baltimore bucket list!
- I became obsessed with pumpkin cider!
- We went on a cruise around Baltimore for Brandon's birthday and it was a BLAST.
- Brandon went on a business trip and we spent our first week apart.
- I met the Baltimore Blate ladies for the first time-- and now these ladies are some of my best friends.
- We went to our last Orioles game...which was a double header...during a hurricane. At least we got a great view of Chris Davis! (;
- We celebrated our first Halloween together by working an event at our church as Sadness from Inside Out and Carl from Up
- We took bridal portraits around our favorite city!
- My friend, Kate, asked me to be her bridesmaid! EEK!
- We went to Hershey Park!
- I chopped my hair off!
- We took a spontaneous weekend trip to Hartford, CT which resulted in a day trip to Boston! I had never been before!
- We celebrated 6 months of marriage by eating at a cute little pizza place in Canton!
- Macy, Laura, Megan and I ice skated in our PJs downtown!
- I tried some new gluten-free vegan recipes for our first Thanksgiving as a married couple!
- We started our #HeresToYourDecember Instagram challenge!
- I ended my internships this year. It was a tough semester but I made it through!
- We did a photoshoot with my friend, Macy, for her event business!
- We sent out our first Christmas cards!
- I hosted Friendsmas this year.
- Brandon lost his job. This has been a really scary time in our lives, but God is faithful.